Monday, July 25, 2016

Lightning and the astonishing beauty of storms

I've enjoyed watching lightning since childhood. Where we were, lightning showed as a weird pearl necklace kind of stroke. My brother and I drew pictures of them (it's actually called "bead lightning," look it up). Those nights of wonder really inspired my imagination and helped me yearn for more ever since. To this day, my wife and I love sitting up and watching a lightning storm. I suppose it's kind of like enjoying a pleasant snowstorm. Nature is lovely.
Sure, there's the terrifying side of nature, but for now I want to think about how amazing it all is. Who isn't dazzled by a waterfall? Or, what child can resist laying down and finding animals in the clouds? I enjoy watching anthills, water flowing down rivers, and penguins. There's just so much in nature to be excited about, that I simply don't understand why people do go enjoy it more often. I'll never forget so many walks through forests, playing in mountain streams, rolling in meadows, and throwing snowballs in the middle of summer.
 
Rainbows and spring showers are often used as the best of nature, but why stop there? Our parents are constantly telling us to go outside and play, so go do it and you'll be pleased to discover a whole real world out there. Think I'm joking? Take a look. It's not virtual, or a game. It's totally real! You can even touch it. Wow. Go find your own fascination.
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment