Thursday, July 4, 2013

July 4th

Happy Independence Day. July 4th. My greatest respects to those brave people in our past, and also to our fine servicemen and women. It is through the blood and sweat of patriots that this country remains free. I salute you all.

And July 4th brings up the subject of fireworks. The most awesome creation in the history of the world. Stuff that you can light legally and watch them go boom! They shoot up into the sky, or spin around on the ground, or just make noise. I love them, especially when it's dark.

But, where I live we can't use fireworks at all. Sheesh. I realize that dry stuff around makes fireworks use a bit dangerous. Sure. I understand, but I'm in a city. Not a whole lot of dry stuff other than concrete. Well, anyway, it's still fun to watch firework shows and enjoy the beauty and sound of such powerful explosions. Amazing how a collection of burning embers can bring such a smile to my face.

So, Happy Independence Day all!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment