Thursday, July 11, 2013

Cats

I think the strangest animal I've ever encountered is the common house cat. They have an incredible ability to completely creep me out by walking up and staring with an intense concentration at absolutely nothing. Makes me understand why the ancient Egyptians thought cats communicated with the dead. Absolutely eerie.

Where a dog would run around, waiting to do something for its owner, cats meander about until they want something and then won't go away. They have begging down to a distinct science that even a two year old would envy. It's fantastic how guilty I feel when it's not quite feeding time and the cats are staring at me. Absolutely amazing. Puppy dog eyes have nothing on cats.

Did I mention that we have two of the critters? Twice as bad.

Maybe the Egyptians were on to something? But, cats aren't spirit creatures. They're aliens. Nothing from this great Earth could possibly tug your heartstrings while simultaneously ignoring you completely. Aliens. I swear. Maybe inter-dimensional? Still, I've never seen weirder creatures.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment