Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Hot and cold

People tend to talk about the weather wherever you go. Be it simple small talk, or actually a main topic, the weather affects us all. There's an old joke about farmers that goes: "What do you call a bunch of farmers hanging out in the basement? Answer: A whine cellar." (for those who don't understand, the weather is never good enough for farmers ... it's too dry ... it's too wet ... there's too little rain ... there's too much ... and on and on).

It goes to show how we will complain about anything and everything. How crazy to comment about things we have no control over and directly benefit from? I challenge everyone to find something good to say about the weather for the next week straight. Can you do it? Of course. And, I'll bet you find much positive to say about a lot of other things as well. You see, optimism is contagious. Spread it far and wide. Want to change the world? Well, start with being happy about the world you live in (but, not crazy and overboard, that's just weird).

So, while it's been cold and warm here, I am happy to say I've survived. I expect to finish out the day and look forward to another adventure tomorrow! Maybe I'll fight a dragon, or ride a rocket, or enjoy a wonderful beach ... or, I'll just sit at work and type for a while ... eh, it all works just fine. But, I'd prefer a dragon if you know any.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment