Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Summer brings growth, warm rains, and ... allergies!

Summer is filled with life! There are blushing brides, giddy parents, flowing vines, and clouds of pollen. Well, as much as I love summer happiness, I'm among those who also loathe allergies. Actually, my allergies are the stuff of legend and I get to enjoy them all year round. Yay! But, that doesn't diminish the thrill of seeing life bloom everywhere else. Focus on the positives, that's the way to get through it.
photo by foshydog on Flickr
It's also a test of nerve and constitution to pass through such difficulty with flying colors. It's sort of nature's battleground. Wouldn't it be great if we received awards for passing? I can see it now ... everyone lines up ... then a line of hills rises up and slams everyone to the ground with a shudder. I think nature is more likely to punt us over the field goals than give out trophies. Nice idea though.

Beauty is the privilege of summer, with flowers and the bounties of the fields. For centuries we've fed ourselves because of the blossoms of summer and the harvest of the fall. Songs and poems burst from the hearts of artists with the beauty of summer. It's no mistake that we have big celebrations during this time. Summer is glorious is many ways.

I just wish allergies wasn't part of it.

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment