Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Time keeps slipping past ...

Another year has breezed past my grasping fingers, leaving me another year older and hopefully wiser. I do feel proud that this year I at least noticed it was my birthday. If you've ever seen the movie, "Groundhog Day," you'll understand how fun it would be to rewind the days and maintain your own learning ... I could learn languages, teach myself to paint, read all the books on my shelves, and loads of other things! However, since reality constantly slaps me across the jaw, I will trudge along and cram as much into my brain as possible.

Thinking about time naturally brings me to time travel. Would I want to use it, if time travel were available? Absolutely, yes! I think it would be fun, exciting, and every bit as crazy as Doctor Who would suggest. But, there's the inevitable issue of someone messing up the time stream. Well, there's lots of theory about what would actually happen, and I have my own favorites too. Safe to say, I doubt time travel will ever happen to the extent science fiction has shown. Pity. I'd love having my own pet triceratops.

The real question becomes, "what are you doing with the time available to you?" Not to get too philosophical here, but it's hard not to be. Time is a resource we'll never have any more of, nor any less of. Love the moment. Try to live with few regrets. Work hard and play hard. Use suntan lotion...

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment