Thursday, April 23, 2015

Impossible activities, followed by a nice sparkling grape juice. Let your imagination roam free!

Well, the seasons change as they should. Summer is well on the way, with Spring shedding its innocence and throwing the first tendrils of Summer heat our way. That's fine, can't have it cool and livable all the time (yup, I love the cold). Wouldn't it be marvelous if we could dial up the climate and weather around our personal homes? In the Star Trek universe Earth is always weather controlled, so I expect they keep it a constant temperature as well. Now that's an impossible activity I'd love to take part in.

In my daydreams I've imagined going to a theme park where you can ski powdery snow and then go to the other side of the park and enjoy the sun and warmth of a waterpark. Of course, those dreams also include flying through the air like Superman (one reason I'd love to go skydiving) and going into the zero gravity of space. Imagine a place where all that could be true? Wouldn't it be fantastic?

My children have been encouraged throughout their lives to water and grow their imaginations. I think it's one of the most important aspects of life. Just imagine living in a world of dinosaurs, or flying with star pilots. I have done it, in my mind's eye. You can do it too, if you'll feed your imagination! Then, you can step into a book and ride the dragons and feel their flame in your hands, sit with Smaug as Bilbo riddles with him, and tremble as the earth quakes underfoot at the fury of mythical creatures.

I can only express how much fun it is to imagine the impossible--it's like breathing distilled life. Vision extends beyond reality. Anything becomes possible! Try it!

- M

No comments:

Post a Comment