Saturday, December 20, 2014

Wrapping Christmas presents

Wrapping presents is a chore for me. For some reason I end up with something like a lollipop no matter what I wrap. It's the ends that get me; I always have too much. And presents that aren't square frustrate the life out of me, because no matter what I do it's just a mess. So, I use a lot of boxes to hold the gift and wrap that instead. We all have our tricks, and mine is very basic.
 
Back when malls were still all over the place, they had services to gift wrap whatever you had purchased and they even did it free of charge for the most part. It was incredible watching these people whip the wrapping together and put a custom bow on it. Amazing! It was like watching a finely choreographed dance. People who are incredibly talented at what they do completely inspire me.
 
That brings me to a favorite series of web videos, and that's the "People are Awesome" series. These videos show people doing almost unbelievable things, one after another--in rapid-fire succession. Pretty much any athletic skill is represented, and what is shown will blow your mind. To see someone throw a basketball off a high-rise building and make a perfect bulls eye is hard to fathom, but so is watching a guy snuff a candle using a playing card from 10 feet away. Incredible.
 
Here's the video that started the sensation:
 
- M

No comments:

Post a Comment