Monday, October 16, 2017

Sneezing your head off

I'm renown for having powerful sneezes. I can't help it. I've tried reducing the power, but that hurts my head badly and I'm sure that isn't a good thing. So, my family has gotten used to it--usually having a laugh at my expense--and I've passed on the trait to my son. Sigh. Well, today I startled myself. There's a box piano next to my desk and when I sneezed, the piano rang. Yes, just like I'd thumped it with my fist. Good grief.
image credit
There are a lot of phrases that come to mind when people do big and large things: strong like a horse, big as a mountain, tough as nails, trumpet like an elephant. Maybe I can add a new one to the list ... "Knocks pianos out of tune." Hmm, doesn't quite have the punch I'd prefer. Oh well.

Do you know anyone who you good-naturedly point out as a freak of nature? Being one of them, I can't say I mind all that much. It's humorous ribbing, stuff that friends do when they're together. My best friend could be described as a human vacuum cleaner, because I swear he never actually chews anything--I've seen him devour a cheeseburger in the blink of an eye ... twice. In my view, these things just make life entertaining, so long as you take the time to notice.

- M

ps. If you haven't sneezed by now, then I'm disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment